The Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department has a graduate that fits your needs! With three diverse undergraduate academic programs and a highly ranked graduate studies program, students are trained to meet real-world challenges in a variety of specializations. The department features state-of-the art laboratories where students gain experience in real-world applications.
Agricultural and Biological Engineering
ABE students have the engineering skills to design & analyze:
- Efficient irrigation & drainage systems for urban and agricultural lands.
- Systems to minimize the impact of alternative land uses on water quality & ecological functions.
- Structures & equipment for the production of plant, animal & other biological systems.
- Processes for producing food, feed, fiber, fuels, & chemicals from renewable bio-resources
Agricultural Operations Management
Need employees trained to run a commercial business?
Our graduates are ready to get the job done! They have learned to incorporate today's emerging technology with business principles to improve structural systems, agricultural production, processing, manufacturing, technical sales, food safety, work safety, and the environment. Our students acquire technical & management skills in:
- Construction and process systems
- Production and manufacturing
- Technical Sales
- Environmental Systems
Our graduates are trained to find real-world solutions to packaging challenges!
UF features one of the top Packaging Science degree programs in the nation. Students utilize computer design software and a variety of packaging machinery and equipment in our state-of-the-art pilot plant/laboratory. Students use research and development tools to find solutions to real packaging problems. Topics include:
- Package design and decoration
- Food packaging
- Distribution and transport
- Package production and processing
- Packaging Materials